Sons of Evergard
- Ba’al Lothering Molech, next in line for Kingship among the long-standing Molechian bloodline, is crowned in light of his father’s unexpected death. On the day of his crowning, King Ba’al put to death each member of the royal line, all of his brothers and sisters, at his celebratory banquet.
- Through military force, King Ba’al gains the unconditional support of 4 neighboring city-states, and proceeds to overtake 2 more through warfare in the following months.
- 5 more city-states fall under King Ba’al’s banner.
- Siege of Taroth Ash begins.
- Taroth Ash (Of the cit-state Jud) falls to Ba’al
- Ba’al Molech christens himself Emporer of the 12 city-states of the North, renaming them under one national title: Hel (Divine); and dubbing Dagon as the capital of the Hellian empire.
- Emperor claims the status of godhead and holy emperor of the “Divine Hellian Empire”
- (3rd Month): The Revolt of the Seraphim, “The divine protection of the holy emperor”, under the leadership of Arch-Seraph Celthric Gamaliel, begins
- Sinistus Belial, 5th rank of the Arch-Seraphim, separates from Arch-Seraph Celthric’s command, declares himself the Eldritch All-Father, divine leader of the Eldritch, an extremely gifted, secretive group of weaver’s that previously answered only to the holy emperor himself, but had sense split during Celthric’s Rebellion. Those Eldritch and several Seraphim previously supporting Arch-Seraph Celthric quickly bolstered Sinistus’ ranks, leaving Celthric at a loss of weaving support.
- Hel is divided into Eastern and Western territories. Forsaking the East, the holy emperor Molech reestablishes his throne in ??? to the West, and Celthric and Sinistus bitterly struggling for control of the East.
- Celthric and Sinistus forge a tentative truce and agree to coordinate forces until Ba’al Molech is decimated.
- The Eastern line retreats 4 miles under the command of Ba’al Molech. Celthric and Sinistus press the advantage. The Eastern line breaks once again, forcing all remaining Molechian troops to retreat to the stronghold of Ba’al Amon
- Molech’s Hellian forces begin to weary of starvation and disease.
- Holy Emperor Molech calls the Council of Vendetta, so that the Eldritch could determine what course of action to take to turn the tide of this increasingly bleak battle. Invoking the right of divine conscription, Holy Emperor Molech orders the death and blood consumption of each Hellian officer’s firstborn son at the hand of their father. Unable to refute the command, all unwilling Hellian officers are slaughtered in cold blood. The willing are allowed into the Holy Emperors private council chambers to take the Blood Oath.
- The firstborn is blessed by the Eldritch council through incantation. He is then placed upon the sacrificial altar to Ba’al Molech. The sacrifical dagger of Peor is placed in his hands and he cuts his firstborn’s throat without showing signs of remorse. The blood pools from the altar into a chalice. The Hellian officer then consumes the blessed blood. The Hellian officer is put through the Trial of Piety. If he is strong enough to overcome the Taint of the blood, he is transformed, some would say evolved, into a new creature. The strength of an officer’s entire bloodline courses through his veins and he gains immortality. And so, the Taint came into the world. And Molech’s victory was assured.
- Celthric and Sinistrus are beaten back to the original dividing line. Refugee citizens begin fleeing to the south.
- Celthric and Sinistrus are beaten to within a fourth of their original territory. Sinistrus flees with his men.
- Celthric holds the line in a sacrificial attempt to allow the last of the refugees to escape Hel by sea.
- Celthric effectively cuts through the Hellian ranks of Molech, fleeing to the south only to regroup and charge north.
- Celthric and his loyal men-at-arms face the Hellian Legions, led by Ba’al Molech himself. The two foes clash their forces together in a mighty tempest of blood and iron. Celthric’s men fall before the onslaught of the Hellians.
- Celthric, only 6 other Arch-Seraphim left standing, invokes a sacrificial weave. The 7 Seraphim freely give their life essence to save the fleeing refugees. The result: Through their sacrifice, the 7 Seraphim are made into pure, holy energy, consuming Ba’al Molech and destroying his corporeal body. But not his life essence. The Hellian’s flee North towards the capital, to await their Master’s return. And they would wait a long time. It would be a century before the Hellian banner rode the winds of war once more. Celthric’s last thought was “…I hope it’s enough…”
1 A.C. •